Under supervision, performs duties of the Shipping or Receiving in accordance with procedures.
Ensures proper and accurate transactions of all items.
Ensures both internal and external customer requirements are met or exceeded.
Performs other warehouse functions as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs timely shipment or receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with other shipping and receiving associates.
- Ensures that all required shipping documentation is included with all outbound materials.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe area.
- Participates in the loading or unloading of trucks and deliveries.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Accurately generates and fills out relevant paperwork.
- Inspects accuracy of all inbound or outbound material against relevant documentation.
- Escalates all discrepancies found in all inbound or outbound paperwork.
- Inspects all incoming or outgoing shipments for damage.
- Uses combination of ERP system, Microsoft Office, and shipping portals to perform daily responsibilities.
- Operates various material handling equipment and PLTs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in role responsible for shipping or receiving.
- Good math skills and intermediate computer knowledge.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products.
- Previous experience with Epicor or other WMS/ERP preferred.
- Experience shipping small parcel or LTL/TL preferred.
- Ability to pass forklift training and exam.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in warehouse area. The remaining time will be spent in office and production areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate pallet jacks and forklifts.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.