Under limited supervision, the Shipping and Receiving Lead is responsible for leading and directing per the procedure the proper and accurate receipt, put away, kitting, cycle count, shipping and distribution of all items received from suppliers in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements. Perform other warehouse functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with other departments within the company as well as freight carriers/providers involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Ensures that the material required to ship has been picked and verified.
- Ensures that all shipping documentation pertinent to the ship to destination is included with the shipment.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Oversees and participates when necessary in the loading/unloading of trucks and deliveries.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
- Responsible and participate in performing physical and administrative tasks involved in the handling, shipping, receiving, and storage of inventory assets of the company.
- Accurate counting and verifying received material as well as material that is shipping.
- Resolves discrepancies with regards to invoices, packing slips, receiving, and shipping reports.
- Calculates totals and extends weights, volumes; enters or scans appropriate data into system.
- Prepares required shipping labels, addresses, documents, and certifications in our MRP system (E10) as well as utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Maintain accurate records of received goods and rejecting unsatisfactory items when necessary.
- Perform all warehouse functions necessary at auxiliary locations.
- Performs clerical functions involving issuing of work orders, outsourcing.
- Support the Warehouse Management with training new Associates.
- To be the first point of contact for any issues/questions for their given team and to escalate issues/questions to management when need be.
- Ability to oversee and delegate work within their given team.
- High School Diploma/GED/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of warehousing and material handling procedures preferred.
- Good math skills and proficient computer knowledge (MS Word and Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Experience as a Lead/Supervisor, preferred.
- Interacts with supplier, carriers, and customers.
- Approximately 100% of the work is performed in warehouse area.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.