Under limited supervision, solder electronic components both surface mount and through-hole devices to printed circuit boards on a wide variety of sub-assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble PCB’s using visual aids and customer documentation.
- Remove and replace complex SMT devices.
- ECO wiring and etch cuts
- Touch up complex SMT devices.
- Removed and replace through-hole devices.
- Basic pad and track repair.
- Hand-solder through-hole devices and wires.
- Touch up solder joints after wave solder.
- 3+ years’ experience soldering to IPC standards.
- Trained in following (certifications preferred): IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, IPC7711/7722
- Proven ability to read drawings and BOM’s and follow the instructions.
- Demonstrated abilities with both RoHS (lead free) and standard solder.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.