The Stockroom & Logistics Manager is responsible for leading, directing, improving, and managing all aspects of the stockroom operations across multiple facility locations. This includes managing all material movement in a high skew, electromechanical manufacturing environment, including freight, shipping & receiving, stocking, kitting, cycle counting, and the coordination and management of the company’s fleet of forklifts and delivery trucks supporting local material pickup and deliveries. The successful applicant will maintain high levels of accuracy in day-to-day operations, lead and develop the warehouse team, and provide impeccable service to all internal and external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction for a two shift stockroom and logistics team across multiple facilities of that includes approximately 60 caring associates and supervisors.
- Motivates, inspires, and fosters teamwork within the stockroom team to ensure that performance and productivity targets are achieved.
- Establish, track, and improve key performance metrics
- Manages all stockroom activities including, but not limited to: receiving, stocking, kitting, shipping, cycle counting, physical inventory, pickup & delivery logistics, hiring, and reviews
- Communicates and drives execution in achieving annual stockroom goals and objectives.
- Uses analytical skills to assess department needs and develop short and long-term strategies to drive continuous improvement activities
- Utilizes appropriate strategic and tactical planning and communication techniques to ensure all associates are clear on daily and weekly production goals and expectations.
- Drives and achieves high inventory integrity, accuracy, and organization
- Determines, monitors, and assures appropriate staffing levels.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, developing, and conducting performance reviews
- Ensures a healthy and safe environment for all stockroom and logistics associates.
- Maintains an exceptionally well organized and clean stockroom operations (6S).
- Responsible for identifying, hiring, and administration for all new stockroom personnel.
- Utilize MRP for various material stockroom processing activities
- Oversees the planned maintenance of company delivery vehicles and fleet of fork trucks
- Participates in meetings with other functional department heads in efforts to collaborate on more efficient processes
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; equivalent experience in stockroom management will be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Stockroom Manager, preferably in an electromechanical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines in a high paced work environment
- Experience managing and coordinating year-end physical inventory activities
- Positive attitude, excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), self-motivator, tenacious follow up.
- Recognized as a leader who is decisive, has strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior customer (internal and external) service attitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach, lead and inspire a team of caring associates
- Strong experience with manufacturing/stockroom management software (MRP/MES/WMS)
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Stockroom and light manufacturing environment
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone
- Must be able to climb stairs, lift up to 40 lbs., and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.