Responsible for supporting Supplier Development initiatives and for implementing quality related-programs and projects. Serve as liaison between suppliers and CT operations to drive supplier improvement. May take direction from senior level engineer/management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify supplier non-conformance trends.
- Track supplier-quality performance measurements for strategic suppliers.
- Performs supplier visits and supplier audits.
- Support and participate in supplier development projects and continuous improvement activities focusing on supplier quality.
- Drive suppliers to identify appropriate quality assurance systems that will ensure receipt of defect free components/materials.
- Support the MRB process and personnel for supplier caused defects. Communicate identified issues, and drive corrective action and preventive actions by the suppliers.
- Support the new product development process as necessary. Support /coordinate design review process between Columbia Tech and supplier as necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies, materials, equipment, and processes.
- Drive improvements in suppliers’ quality performance.
- Develop quality metrics to evaluate supplier performance.
- Support supplier-quality management programs such as supplier selection and certification.
- Manage, track and trend all supplier corrective actions requests.
- Drive resolution of supplier corrective action requests.
- BA or BS in relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ year’s supplier quality or supply chain management and/or engineering that included driving Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 13485 (a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others in various disciplines and on multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and experience implementing SPC or similar controls.
- Strong mechanical orientation.
- Working knowledge within the sheet metal and machined parts industry.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical drawings and Geometric Dimensional and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and accomplish work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Six Sigma Green Belt desirable.
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS Office products.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.