With limited supervision, the Test Engineer will be responsible for developing, assimilating and improving Production Test Procedures, Plans and documents based upon customer supplied test requirements for a leading contract manufacturer specializing in the production of complex electronic systems, electro-mechanical assemblies, industrial and commercial products, medical devices, and military equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and support of manufacturing test processes for a diverse range of complex electronic and electro-mechanical systems and components.
- Experienced with System Level, Module Level, and Board Level Testing; RF and AC power distribution.
- Build cross functional communication and support systems to provide test services to production, program management, manufacturing engineering, and quality.
- Excellent troubleshooting and test process improvement skills which are utilized and effectively transferred to Engineering Test Technical staff.
- Provide disciplined approach to organizing and updating test related documentation, including creating and loading test documentation into Omnify utilizing the ECO process.
- Collaborate with customer to review and provide input to supplied test protocols and test fixtures when supplied. Collaborates with customer and develops test procedures and protocols when not provided.
- Performs root cause analysis of product failures and recommends corrective actions or improvements to the engineering and quality team.
- Designs fixtures to verify functionality while meeting production volume and quality assurance requirements.
- Provide design-for-test (DFT) feedback to customers.
- Has direct contact with customers; daily interaction with Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Project Management, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance departments.
- Requires 3-5 years of manufacturing test engineering experience.
- Hands-on experience using test equipment such as scopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Adept in MS office tool sets including but not limited to Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, Access, Power Point.
- Requires a BSEE or equivalent.
- Must have broad technical skills in digital, analog, and RF technologies.
- Position requires a highly motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision with excellent technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Can interpret industrial electrical, circuit board, and mechanical assembly drawings/ schematics.
- Working knowledge of digital and analog electronics in terms of functional controls and power supplies.
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, DVM’s, frequency generators, optical power measurement tools and spectrum analyzers Exposure to DMM, oscilloscopes, signal generators, hi-pot tester, ground bond tester.
- Exposure to test softwares, example: Labview.
- Experience in authoring detail test procedures.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to lead, plan, and execute test projects.
- Must be methodical, organized, and able to manage multiple projects and tasks on a concurrent basis.
- Must be able to lead and motivate team members.
- Scripting languages and LabView a plus.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.