The Test Engineer provides in-depth technical oversight to many product lines and other departments. Interfaces with Programs, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering and New Products Introduction to bring new customers into Cogmedix. Test Engineer will be responsible for designing, assimilating and improving Production Test Procedures, Plans and documents with or without customer supplied test requirements for a leading contract manufacturer specializing in the production of complex electronic systems, electro-mechanical assemblies, industrial and commercial products, medical devices, and military equipment. Will provide technical training and support to production technicians and other Test Engineers. Will oversee test operations on one or more product lines while working with Manufacturing Engineering, Programs and interfacing with Customers. Has the ability to perform complex circuit and system analysis to the component level on all types of electronic, electric and electro-mechanical systems, subsystems and PACB’s.
- Provides technical oversight to multiple programs, designs, sustaining operations and new products.
- Responsible for commercial/industrial controls design, component selection, test and debug.
- Responsible for PCB, control panel, component and cable/harness designs from initial design through final fabrication documentation.
- Create electrical system documentation and execute engineering change orders including schematics, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, cable drawings, bill of material, net lists.
- Experienced in generation of work breakdown structures and associated schedules for electrical engineering related activities, with a systems level perspective, with key requirements being accurate estimating, and execution of time and materials required.
- Provide design/analysis of servo- and stepper based electronic-mechanical drives.
- Design and debug power distribution systems for a wide range of capital equipment.
- Experienced in the direction of activities of more junior level Electrical Engineers, Electrical Designers or Technicians.
- Proficient with the use if standard electrical test equipment, oscilloscope, voltmeter, frequency counter and current probe.
- Must have broad knowledge of the product testing and certification process
- Responsible for firmware architecture, implementation, troubleshooting, and test.
- Fully skilled in PCB design, fabrication, tests and evaluations.
- Capability to design to compliance initiatives and interface with compliance laboratories – UL, NFPA, CSA, FCC, CE, etc.
- Experienced with DFM, FMEA and other development practices.
- Interface with suppliers and customers on designs and specifications as needed.
- Transition of protype designs into manufacturing.
- 12+ years’ experience in design experience in a technical design environment; wireless development experience a plus.
- BS Electrical Engineering; MS a plus.
- Demonstrated skill with AutoCAD and PCB design tools (OrCAD, Altium, Mentor Graphics/PADS).
- MS Office Suite Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- PLC or LabVIEW programming experience a plus.
- Ability to interface well with customers.
- Hands-on, take charge attitude, electrical troubleshooting and vendor liaison.
- Projects a positive attitude, is punctual and embraces the attributes of a Cogmedix Caring Associate.
- Works well with other groups and departments, strives to finish projects and programs on time.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- May be required to spend long periods standing, sitting or testing at a work cell.
- Must be willing to change programs, task or direction at the discretion of the Manager or as the programs dictate.
- Must be able to effectively communicate face-to-face and on the phone, always helpful and polite.
- Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel may be required.