Responsible for test operations on one or more product lines. Tests and troubleshoots a variety of electrical, electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies, systems, subsystems subassemblies, fixtures, PCBA’s and power control panels in a large scale manufacturing environment. May performs repetitive duties, can troubleshoot to the component level using a range of electronic and mechanical measurement and test equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses standard test equipment and written procedures to test electromechanical parts, subassemblies, and finished goods.
- Works from specifications, technical manuals, schematics and written/verbal instruction.
- Uses a variety of test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators and other input/output electronic test devices.
- Performs optical assembly, alignment and troubleshooting on sophisticated equipment.
- Background in precision assembly, fine pitch soldering and board level rework
- Working knowledge of common workmanship and inspection standards such as J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610
- Performs high-level training to other technicians and manufacturing personal.
- Writes clear and concise test and work instructions. Edits existing test or work instructions.
- Knowledge of Test Agency protocols such as UL, CE and TUV. .
- Discusses technical problems encountered with supervisor.
- Compiles and records test results.
- Interprets complex diagnostic routines to fit a particular problem.
- Takes initiative to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- High School diploma or GED with Technical School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience testing electromechanical parts.
- Proficient with test equipment (oscilloscopes, signal generators and other input/output electronic test devices).
- Strong attention to detail, focus, and highest standards for quality.
- Experience working effectively with customers.
- PC hardware, software installation and configuration experience.
- Good communication skills (English), both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read and understand diagnostic data.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production
area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.