The Test Technician Supervisor provides technical leadership to the Test Technician Team. Guides, directs and provides mentorship to Technicians of all levels. Troubleshoots complex systems, subsystems, electro-mechanical and optical systems. Understands schematics and wiring diagrams. Ability to work with Engineering to build set up and operate sophisticated test fixtures. Works closely with engineers, supervisors, manufacturing and programs to effect smooth product flow in assigned cells and to solve test-engineering issues.
- Embraces the Cogmedix way and all the Cogmedix policies. Supports and promotes Cogmedix in all assigned duties.
- Takes the leadership role, gives clear direction, and always maintains a positive attitude. Has excellence attendance. Takes possession of all assigned programs and helps drive them to completion.
- Possesses excellent training ability, encourages and mentors other Technicians and Assemblers.
- Works with Engineering and Production to ensure the smooth flow of product from assigned work cells to the customer.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand complex systems and subsystems including, optical systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulics and fluidics.
- Performs optical assembly, alignment and troubleshooting on sophisticated equipment.
- Background in precision assembly, fine pitch soldering and board level rework
- Working knowledge of common workmanship and inspection standards.
- Uses all types of electronic measurement equipment and written procedures to test electromechanical systems, subassemblies, PCBA’s, electronic systems, mechanical systems, optical systems and automated test equipment.
- Identifies engineering and production problems, offers solutions & recommends corrective course of action
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively interface with Direct Manager, Customers, Program Managers, Quality Assurance, and Production Personnel.
- Can easily work from technical specifications, technical manuals, schematics, and written/verbal instruction.
- Writes test documents, assists in establishing testing criteria.
- 2 years of continuous employment in lead role, testing, troubleshooting and engineering.
- High School Diploma or GED plus an associate degree in Engineering or Technology plus 7 years of applicable experience.
- Proficient with the use of all types of test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, meters, computer automated test equipment, optical alignment tools and mechanical measurement tools. RF experience a plus.
- Experience with handling optics
- Has the ability to support new designs, understands the product design cycle.
- Strong attention to detail, focus, and highest standards for quality.
- Has advanced knowledge of software, firmware and networking protocols, Microsoft Office a must.
- Excellent communication skills (English), both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read and understand diagnostic data and test results.
- Experience with CAD tools such as Solidworks and Altium a plus.
- Has working knowledge of integrated computation software such as MatLab and C Sharp (C#)
- Proficient with all types of hand tools and small benchtop machine shop tools.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms