The Warehouse Lead will assist in coordinating all daily warehousing activities. This position will be responsible for assisting the Warehouse Supervisor with training, assigning, scheduling, and communicating job expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists and leads assigned activities associated with warehouse operations.
- Responsible for managing the process of receiving, stocking, and quality control of all merchandise.
- Responsible for performing physical and administrative tasks involved in the handling, shipping, receiving, and storage of inventory assets of the company.
- Monitors performance and productivity to maximize operation excellence, which includes service, quality, and cost control.
- Responsible for identifying areas of improvement and communicating those to the supervisor so that procedures can be established/updated.
- Assist with determining staffing levels and assigning workload; to include training and cross training of warehouse staff.
- Ensures warehouse equipment is maintained and in proper working order and if not escalate it to supervisor.
- Oversee warehouse maintenance and condition.
- Ability to learn all aspects of the warehouse in order to execute various job functions. ∙ Performs clerical functions involving issuing of work orders, outsourcing.
- Support the Warehouse Management with training new Associates.
- To be the first point of contact for any issues/questions for their given team and to escalate issues/questions to management when need be.
- Ability to oversee and delegate work within their given team.
- Assist in resolving discrepancies with regards to invoices, packing slips, receiving and shipping reports.
- Assists in preparing required shipping labels and documents.
- Maintain accurate records of received goods and rejecting unsatisfactory items when necessary.
- Perform all warehouse functions necessary at auxiliary locations.
- Assist Supervisor with day-to-day duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of warehousing and material handling procedures preferred.
- Good math skills and intermediate computer knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Experience as a Lead/Supervisor, preferred.
- Interacts with supplier, carriers, and customers.
100% of the work is performed in warehouse area.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.