Under limited supervision, the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor is responsible for leading and directing
the safe receipt, put away, kitting, cycle count, shipping and distribution of all items received from
suppliers in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer
requirements. Perform other warehouse functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing physical and administrative tasks involved in the handling, shipping, receiving, and storage of inventory assets of the company.
- Distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
- Manual unloading or operating a forklift to move pallets and parts.
- Accurate counting and verifying received material.
- Resolves discrepancies with regards to invoices, packing slips, receiving and shipping reports.
- Calculates totals and extends weights, volumes; enters or scans appropriate data into system.
- Moves materials to warehouse area.
- Reads, interprets and accurately retrieves material from warehouse for production use from released work orders.
- Prepares required shipping labels, addresses, documents and certifications.
- Maintain accurate records of received goods and rejecting unsatisfactory items when necessary.
- Perform all warehouse functions necessary at auxiliary locations.
- Performs clerical functions involving issuing of work orders, outsourcing.
- Support the Warehouse Management with training new Associates.
- To be the first point of contact for any issues/questions for their given team and to escalate issues/questions to management when need be.
- Ability to oversee and delegate work within their given team.
- High School Diploma/GED/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of warehousing and material handling procedures preferred.
- Good math skills and basic computer knowledge.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Experience as a Lead/Supervisor, preferred.
- Interacts with supplier, carriers, and customers.
Approximately 90% of the work is performed in warehouse area. The remaining time will be spent in production areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.