The Warehouse & Distribution Supervisor is responsible for leading, directing, improving, and managing all aspects of warehouse functions for a specific facility including shipping and receiving of raw material and finished product, stockroom operations and organization, inventory control and relevant paperwork corresponding to each function of the warehouse. The Warehouse & Distribution Supervisor must maintain high levels of accuracy in day-to-day operations, lead and develop the warehouse team, and provide timely, respectful service to all internal and external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate, inspire, and foster teamwork within the warehouse team to ensure that performance and productivity targets are achieved.
- Lead and direct warehouse personnel including material handlers, kitters, and material coordinators, pre-shipment auditor.
- Oversee all stockroom activities including, but not limited to the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of inventory in accordance with internal and outsourcer requirements.
- Work closely with the Manager and Planner to ensure proper flow of material.
- Utilize appropriate strategic planning and communication techniques to ensure all associates are clear on daily and weekly production goals and expectations.
- Use analytical skills to assess Stockroom and Warehouse needs and develop short and long-term strategies to identify and drive continuous improvement activities
- Maintain inventory integrity, accuracy, organization, and storage. May include physical inventory activities when required.
- Ensure that all associates are properly trained on all automated and computerized systems required to perform their job function(s).
- Participate in meetings with other program functions in efforts to understand material flow requirements, to collaborate on more efficient processes, and to maintain clear and open communications.
- Provide services to manage material emergencies and requests from the client for units deployed in the field.
- Work with Program Manager to assist in special projects as required.
- Coordinate transfer of project material from other CT warehouse locations.
- Navigate through ERP to analyze material availability and expected material receipt date.
- Provide a safe, clean, and secure work environment for all warehouse associates.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associates degree and equivalent experience in warehouse management will be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience with warehouse or stockroom logistics or inventory control in electronic manufacturing.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for inventory management.
- Familiarity with a variety of tools, parts, materials, and supplies used in the electronic industry.
- Proven ability to supervise the work of others and manage as appropriate.
- Ability to keep records, create reports, interpret information to increase efficiencies.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong customer service orientation
- Generally works in a warehouse and stockroom environment with duties on a pre-production work floor.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.