Prepare and present detailed reports on material/schedule constraints and improvements based from MRP in order to ensure production and capacity planning efforts align with customer requirements. Continuously collaborates with Supply Chain to identify material shortages and proposes resolutions for all production requirements. Works with the Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering and Quality teams to balance the material flow from suppliers to manufacturing based on MRP demand. Provides delivery commitments to Program Managers supported by materials lead time and capacity analysis. Manages work orders in preparation for and upon release to Manufacturing, proper movements through the routings, proper closure in a timely manner, and preform maintenance as required. Ensure kits are free of shortages and lower level makes are prepared to meet demand requirements. Assists in developing a production material plan, lead times, resource, and timeline requirements in order to delight customers’ expectations. Assists in production risk assessment and mitigation activities. Drives all production material planning efforts to ensure 100% customer on time delivery and satisfaction.
Assists in all production material and capacity planning efforts using multiple tools to perform analysis and reporting. In this capacity, the Senior Material Planner performs such functions as:
- Release and prioritization of jobs for a given customer/cell.
- Monitors the progress of jobs to ensure OTD.
- Provides shortage reports to the cell and to the Purchasing Team to ensure we are taking appropriate purchasing activities.
- Ensures Production Lead Time aligns with ERP output (reviewing any misalignments or outliers).
- Prepares and presents detailed reports on material/schedule constraints and improvements based from MRP in order to ensure production and capacity planning efforts align with intended results. These reports may include but are not limited to:
- S/O Backlog Report
- Unissued Materials Report (ensure all material has been issued to the jobs)
- Inventory Status Reports
- PO Receipt Status
- Collaborates with Supply Chain and continuously identifies, reports, and proposes resolutions for material shortages for all production. In this capacity, the Senior Material Planner ensures material readiness to support production schedules and customer requirements. This includes:
- Delivery of kits to the production cells.
- Identification of any known shortages with date due and follow-up schedule.
- Works with the Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering and Quality teams to balance the material flow from suppliers to manufacturing based on MRP demand. In this capacity, the Senior Material Planner:
- Interfaces with the Material Coordinators, Warehouse Associates, Production Floor, Engineering, and Quality. This interface may include activities such as attendance at Daily Production Meetings (aka, “Challenge Busters”).
- Provides delivery commitments to Program Managers supported by materials lead time and capacity analysis.
- Enters/updates Sales Orders in ERP as requested.
- Manage work orders in preparation for and upon release to Manufacturing. Ensure kits are short free and lower level makes are prepared to meet demand requirements. In support of these responsibilities, the Senior Material Planner performs the following:
- Reviews Job status with Assembly Completion.
- Ensures material transactions are completed with product movement/consumption.
- Ensures all component materials are appropriately issued.
- Ensures sub-assemblies are properly processed.
- Reviews for appropriate serialization as required.
- Assists in developing a production material plan, lead times, resource, and timeline requirements in order to delight customers and meet mutually agreed to expectations.
- Monitors WIP to ensure that any Aging WIP or Material Variances are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Assists in production risk assessment and mitigation activities. At times, this may involve providing material analysis to the Program Managers for quick turn/hot orders.
- Notifies Program Managers and other key stakeholders of any delays and outages affecting commitments.
- Provides excellent customer service and ensures customer satisfaction.
- May serve as part of the Scaled Product Launch Team.
- Other duties as required.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and superior organization skills.
- Superior customer (internal and external) service attitude.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of BOM and Product Structure and how the material and work flows within production required.
- ERP expertise required. Epicor E10 preferred.
- Strong MRP experience required.
- APICS CPIM required.
- Demand management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change.
- College degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of cGMP, FDA QSR, ISO 13485, SOP’s, work rules and safety guidelines preferred.
- 3+ years of planning experience in a high mix low volume manufacturing environment required.
- Strong skill in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio) required.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English.
- A demonstrated commitment to company values.