Director of Program Operations
At Cogmedix, a time-to-market medical device design and manufacturing services company, continuous improvement is not limited to our evaluation of the world-class products we design, manufacture and test. We put just as much value in the evaluation of the systems we use to compliantly accomplish critical tasks. In that spirit, we regularly ask ourselves, “Is there a more efficient way to deliver the same compliant services to our customers?” After recently researching answers to this question, we decided to make an incredible investment and are well on our way to transitioning to a new electronic Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
The new PLM system will house training management, BOM management, document management, quality management, change management, and more, under a common umbrella. The selected system will allow Cogmedix to continue to offer the same compliant and detailed services in a more efficient manner and includes these great advantages:
- Bi-directional data sharing between our engineering systems (CAD, CAE, etc.) and business systems (ERP, MES, etc.)
- Automated change management workflows to streamline customer change orders
- Electronic training management with communication to our MES
- Efficient and validated conversion of customer data into the Cogmedix PLM
- Automated quality management workflows with enhanced data storage
- Improved electronic reporting to our customers
Cogmedix will complete detailed cross-functional user acceptance testing in the first half of 2017 to ensure a fully streamlined process and seamless transition for our customers. Cogmedix is scheduled to release the validated PLM solution during the first half of 2017.