By Jason Bourque, Director of Finance
Recently, Coghlin Companies held its second annual Health and Wellness Fair in collaboration with Sullivan Benefits Group and our various health and wellness providers. There were three sessions of this fair, held at our various locations. Participants included:
- Sullivan Benefits – provided information about general wellness and nutrition, as well as performed a test of grip strength
- 15-40 Connection – provided information about cancer awareness and early detection, and performed skin cancer screenings
- Shrewsbury Health & Athletic Club– provided information about our Corporate membership program and the Club’s other offerings. They also performed body fat percentage and body mass index (BMI) screenings
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – provided information about smoking cessation, adult preventative screenings and their 24-hour nurse hotline, and performed blood pressure screenings
- Altus Dental – provided information about general dental health and benefit options
- Assurant Health – provided information about the importance of life insurance and their Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
All sessions of the fair were very well attended, with over 150 caring associates attending, making them eligible for numerous raffle prizes including gas cards, golf shirts, t-shirts and gym bags. Feedback was overwhelmingly positive from our associates and providers alike, as associates had the opportunity to engage with all of the providers in a collaborative setting and learn about the Company’s various health and wellness plans and offerings, in addition to learning more about their individual health through the blood pressure, body fat, body mass index, skin cancer, and grip strength screenings.
We will continue to offer sessions such as this, as it is part of the Company’s mission to make the pursuit of health and wellness a priority for everyone.